Translator dropdown only showing in sticky bar

Please post any support questions here. Guest posting is allowed
klingklang

Translator dropdown only showing in sticky bar

Post by klingklang »

Hi! I've just installed your auto translate extension on my board, and something weird happens: the dropdown menu doesn't show in my header, but as soon as i scroll down and sticky bar kicks in, there shows the translate menu as well. I have another dropdown in my header (quick style selector), but I don't think that's the problem because on sticky bar they coexist nicely

(no stickybar)

(stickybar)

Any clue on why that might happen? It must be css related surely, but so far I haven't got it yet
Thanks a lot and great ext by the way! :D
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Translator dropdown only showing in sticky bar

Post by Administrator »

That, as they say, is a very good question. I have just tested it locally and got the same error, but no idea why.

If I enable Analogue Clock (which uses the same event as the Translator) it shows perfectly in both places.

I suspect its a JS issue perhaps a conflict with the JS in the Sticky Header. I will have a play around and see if I can fix the conflict.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Its a JS conflict that I just can not fathom out, so I have written a work round which might suit.

Disable Translate, and replace the prosilver directory with the attached (unzipped of course) and re enable. The translate no longer appears in the navbar but above the search in the header as seen below.
screenshot_496.jpg
prosilver.zip

Hope its of help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
klingklang

Post by klingklang »

Thanks for your effort (I've subscribed in the meantime :wink: ). Unfortunately, it kind of messes up with my header design, and worse yet when in mobile view. For that, and the fact the script is not supported anymore, I guess I'll leave it to my (hypothetical) foreign visitors to translate my pages with their own means...

Thanks again (donation well deserved! :smt023 )
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Yes, Google has discontinued support of the translator script and it is not available to download any more. I guess its going to stop working in the not too distant future which is a shame as it is the best I have found for this purpose.

... and thanks for the donation