This board has been optimised for Firefox, the fast and secure web browser. : Download Firefox

which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Please post any support questions here. Guest posting is allowed
ivailo95
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by ivailo95 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 am

Hi HifiCabin
These day i watch a lof of spam on my contact form
and i want to protect it can u suggest me ext of it?

Administrator
Site Admin
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by Administrator » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:40 am

Hi, My Obscure Contact Us has been in use by myself in one of its guises for many years and maybe get one or two spam emails a year from it. (I can not remember when I first used the concept but it must have been well over 7 years ago)

It replaces the Contact Us form with a JS encoded mailto link.

ivailo95
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by ivailo95 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13 pm

Administrator wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:40 am
Hi, My Obscure Contact Us has been in use by myself in one of its guises for many years and maybe get one or two spam emails a year from it. (I can not remember when I first used the concept but it must have been well over 7 years ago)

It replaces the Contact Us form with a JS encoded mailto link.
i use 3.2.3 phpbb version :roll:
nah..i install it,but now i can't click on "contact us"

is this the right sittings?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Administrator
Site Admin
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by Administrator » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:00 pm

You have entered the information incorrectly. See how I have mine set as an example. You MUST not enter the @ anywhere. The first entry is for the bit before the @ the second for the bit after the @
screenshot_22.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ivailo95
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by ivailo95 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:18 pm

i tested your on here and also can't click on it :roll: :smt017

Administrator
Site Admin
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by Administrator » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:12 pm

In that case you have JavaScript disabled in your browser. As the link is JS encoded you must enable JS to view the link. Have a look at this link How to disable JavaScript in your browser

EDIT:- JavaScript is not the same as JAVA and does not have the same security implications. See HERE

ivailo95
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by ivailo95 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Administrator wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:12 pm
In that case you have JavaScript disabled in your browser. As the link is JS encoded you must enable JS to view the link. Have a look at this link How to disable JavaScript in your browser

EDIT:- JavaScript is not the same as JAVA and does not have the same security implications. See HERE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ivailo95
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by ivailo95 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 am

I installed extension Contact Admin but still bots still spam my contact form

Administrator
Site Admin
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by Administrator » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:05 am

If you like I can check that my extension is working on your board. I will need you to PM/email me a temporary admin account in order to make sure the settings are correct.
ivailo95 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 am
I installed extension Contact Admin but still bots still spam my contact form
In which case you will have to contact that Extensions Author.

ivailo95
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

Re: which extension i need to use to protect my contact form?

Post by ivailo95 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:03 am

@Administrator
you have pm
and i sent you test user :smt023