Random Header Banner

Please post any support questions here. Guest posting is allowed
nudels64

Random Header Banner

Post by nudels64 »

Great work. I already have some extensions from you in use. Thank you very much!
Is there a way to put the forum title with the forum description in the header banner? Sorry for my English.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Random Header Banner

Post by Administrator »

I am afraid that it is not possible at present due to the way the extension is written. The easiest way would be for you to add your logo to each banner so that it looks similar to this
15462570776778522.jpg
As long as the banners are the same physical size and you are careful with your logo placement there should be no problems.

I created it with https://lunapic.com/ its free and very easy to use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nudels64

Post by nudels64 »

Thanks for the tip. First I put a text over the pictures. How about a watermark, which is integrated via the extension? Would that be feasible?
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Again you would probably be better off adding a copyright to the image directly.

Its certainly 'doable' but like adding the Site Logo it would need quite a bit of re working of the extension.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

I have done some playing around and if you are happy with a hack of this extension this will add your site logo above ALL banners.

Download and unzip the attached, then upload it to the event directory of this extension, purge the cache and it should work as you want.
overall_header_headerbar_after.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nudels64

Post by nudels64 »

Aha, just finished with my changes to the photos. https://forum.peugeot-metropolis.de

Thank you very much. Of course the innovation will be tested soon. I'll report later.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

I was overthinking the problem. Making the existing logo show is an easy edit. I may add a switch for that in future versions.
nudels64

Post by nudels64 »

That would be great! Have a happy new year!
nudels64

Post by nudels64 »

Administrator wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:37 pm I have done some playing around and if you are happy with a hack of this extension this will add your site logo above ALL banners.

Download and unzip the attached, then upload it to the event directory of this extension, purge the cache and it should work as you want.

overall_header_headerbar_after.zip
I copied the file into the extension directory, but I don't see any way to set anything.
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Its so long ago I can not remember what I did :oops:

To be honest I had forgotten about this, but I have got it working on my Header banner Extension and it shouldn't be a problem to add it to the Random Banner.

I'll play with my test forum and get back to you.