Google Search extension displays all available results

Please post any support questions here. Guest posting is allowed
perkel

Google Search extension displays all available results

Post by perkel »

Greetings!

First of all, thanks a lot for your Google Translate extension, it suited as a solution for one of my problems pretty well.

Recently I noticed some major problems with search in my forum. Some search requests are very slow to process, lots of them are actually end up as 504 errors. I don't want to resort to database debugging, so I tried using you Google Search extension. There was no problems with installation as well as with displaying it in any available area. The problem is that it shows any available answer and not answers from my forum.

I didn't change anything it plugin configuration (except where to display it). Maybe I missed something. I will be very grateful if you could help me find the solution.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Google Search extension displays all available results

Post by Administrator »

I am glad you like my extensions.

The Google Search Extension comes with a 'search the whole web' capability. To have it return only results from your forum you need to get your "Google Custom Search Code" by following the instructions here HERE
perkel

Post by perkel »

I really don't know, where could I go wrong when I first followed the instructions, I think I only verified my site somehow and got confused by following the wrong link :? I guess I was tired. But now it works fine.
Thank you!
Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Its very easy to get wrong when you are tired. I have had a number of people ender only part of the code (which results in some weird errors) or the wrong code (which is even weirder)

Glad you got it sorted OK.