Header link viewer options

Please post any support questions here. Guest posting is allowed
acmeraptor

Header link viewer options

Post by acmeraptor » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:49 pm

I was wondering if there's an easy way to add an item to the drop down list of the header links as far as who can see the links. By default there's guests/people logged in/no one. I'd like to add an option for moderators, global moderators, and administrators. It's probably unnecessary but I added a ticketing support system to my site and would like to have an easy link to it but only view able to a few trusted people.

acmeraptor

Re: Header link viewer options

Post by acmeraptor » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:00 am

Actually I was referring to the option to set who can see a particular link in ACP.
header_link_permission.JPG
That way only admins/mods will have a navbar link available to them after they log in to the board.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:25 am

Permissions added for Mod or Admin view only. Tested locally without error.

Update in the normal way, and please let me know if there are any problems.
hifikabin.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

acmeraptor

Post by acmeraptor » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

I created two header links, the first one for the ticketing system (OSticket) for moderators and above to use and that one shows up when I sign in with my administrator account.

The second one is a project time tracking system (Kimai) that is set for administrators only, but neither my pseudonym admin account nor my site owner account show the link in the header. I am just using the default Adminstrators group for both. Or did I not set up my phpbb group correctly?

~acme

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:21 pm

I have just done another test on my locally hosted forum, and its working with the default admin group. I have created 2 links, one for admin one for mods and as you see they show correctly.
links.jpg
mods.jpg
so I have no idea why its not showing for you.

Maybe try purging the cache and/or disable/enable the extension :smt017

acmeraptor

Post by acmeraptor » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:00 am

Well that is odd, it seems to be dependent on order, or at least it works better this way now. My admin link was #8 while the mod link was #7. I disabled link #8 and redid the admin one as link #6 and now it shows up when I login with an admin account. As long as they work then order is of no significance to me. I also noticed that my moderator header link goes away if I switch to my user control panel. But I guess that makes sense as it gets away from any mcp functions, just weird/interesting.

Thanks! If I am ever able to generate revenue on my site, you'll definitely see some come your way for the support you've given me so far.

~acme

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:09 am

You have discovered todays deliberate mistake :oops: Typo on the last link, now corrected.

I am going to release it in the Header Links Topic as others may like this option.

Yes, if the mod has no access to the MCP on any particular page then the link will not show. For ease I have just used the existing switches within phpBB. If on any particular page the mod or admin has access to the MCP or ACP respectively then that link will show.

The alternate way would involve a lot more work (from both you and myself) to no real advantage IMHO

Glad to have helped

acmeraptor

Post by acmeraptor » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:39 pm

Administrator wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:09 am

The alternate way would involve a lot more work (from both you and myself) to no real advantage IMHO
100% agreed.