Moonphase not on mobile devices

Please post any support questions here. Guest posting is allowed
acmeraptor

Moonphase not on mobile devices

Post by acmeraptor » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:10 am

Hi, your header links extension totally swayed me to use it on my website and create an account here. Just a question though for now, I have also been using the moonphase ext and when I look up both our sites on my mobile device (android phone) it doesn't appear.. Was just wondering if you knew the reason why. My guess is to save space on the smaller screens but I am really wondering as my area has a high number of hunters for potential users and they might be interested in how much natural night light might be available on a certain weekend or something like that.

Thanks!
~acme

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Moonphase not on mobile devices

Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello and welcome. Yes, the reason is space. if you want it to appear on all devices, its easy to do.

Download and unzip the attached, disable the extension.

Upload the file to

ext/hifikabin/moonphase/styles/prosilver/template/event and overwrite the file thats there.

Enable the extension and the moon will appear on all devices, although on small screens it WILL throw the header out of alignment.
overall_header_searchbox_before.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

acmeraptor

Post by acmeraptor » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:12 am

That is awesome, thank you for saving me from trying to figure out how to change the code to see how it looks on my mobile phone!

~acme

Post install edit : It works nicely, I'll leave it up to users to say if they want it on their phones but it's great to have both options.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Not a problem, glad its worked for you OK

acmeraptor

Post by acmeraptor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:01 am

Would you happen to have tested whether or not your moonphase ext and header banner ext are compatible to run at the same time?

Prior to discovering your header banner ext this morning, I had a change to my style's theme/stylesheet.css to use my jpg file rather than the bg_banner.gif. That change has been reverted to the original code that came with the prosilver_se style. I also reverted moonphase's overall_header_searchbar_before.html back to the original file - not showing the moon on mobile devices.

I then enabled header banner and put in the path to my jpg location. What I got as a result was kinda interesting, moon phase has the default prosilver_se bg image but it seems to be sitting atop of the the header banner image. Both seem to be working perfectly, don't get layered...moonphase sits atop of the banner.

I think I was pretty thorough in reverting the changes I made, I made copies of each file before changing ANY code just in case of something like this that was my error.

Might this be due to the fact that you can move the search bar in multiple places within the banner and that doesn't work well with the moon image location?

**Edit** Sorry, this was related to my original question but I probably should have made this a new support topic rather than a reply to a solved issue. I initially thought the new header file you provided might have caused this to happen. ~acme

**Edit #2** I just recalled that your header links extension is also running if it wasn't totally obvious from the attachment. Needless to say, I am a fan of your coding. :) But maybe good to know if there are inter-operability issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 am

I had to do slight tweaks to both extensions to make it show together correctly.

Download and unzip the attached, disable BOTH banner and moon extensions, then replace the files with the attached. Enable both and you should see it correctly displayed.

banner+moon.jpg
hifikabin.zip

Any problems, just shout

(if you are interested, its because of the way the extensions are handled in the way I have written them. The 'proper' way to have both extensions working together 'out of the box' would make problems when using them separately.)

Glad you like my extensions. Knowing that makes all the swearing worth while :smt023

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:52 am

I have done a little more work on this, and made it into one extension. You will need to disable both Moon Phase and Header Banner first. Then delete the data for Moon Phase ONLY and delete those files from the server. Then upload the new extension [PHPBB 3.2.x] Moon Phase Header Banner then enable it in the ACP as usual.

acmeraptor

Post by acmeraptor » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 am

I really like the combined extension of header banner and moonphase, but the moonphase is back to not being seen on mobile devices. I started to overlay the overall_header_searchbox_before.html file again until I noticed that no file by that name exists in the path specified earlier in this thread.

Did it move to a different path or should I try to modify one of these files??

/var/www/html/ext/hifikabin/headerbanner/styles/prosilver/template/event$ ls -al
total 28
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 1 18:43 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 22 12:40 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 508 Sep 20 17:01 overall_header_breadcrumbs_after.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 162 Oct 22 12:29 overall_header_head_append.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1465 Oct 20 12:38 overall_header_headerbar_after.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 232 Sep 20 17:01 overall_header_page_body_before.html

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:45 am

OOPS :oops: Forgot to change the moons div to let it show on all devices

Disable the extension, download and unzip the attached, then upload it to
ext/hifikabin/moonphase/styles/prosilver/template/event overwriting the existing file, then enable.

(The moon uses the same switch that the core uses to hide the search bar, I just forgot to remove it in this file)

overall_header_headerbar_after.zip